Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
Short for Self-Managed Super Fund, SMSF is an individual control that comes with managing your own superannuation.
How Self-Managed Super Funds work
SMSF gives you a legal tax structure with the sole purpose of providing for your retirement. SMSFs are regulated by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). SMSF can have one to four members. Each member is a trustee (or director if there is a corporate trustee).
Running your own fund is complex. When you run your own SMSF you must:
- Carry out the role of trustee or director, which imposes important legal duties on you
- Set and follow an investment strategy that ensures the fund is likely to meet your retirement needs
- Use the money only to provide retirement benefits
- Keep comprehensive records and arrange an annual audit by an approved SMSF auditor.
How we can help!
If you’re running an SMSF you will typically need:
- An amount of money in the fund to make set up and yearly running costs worthwhile
- To budget for ongoing expenses such as professional accounting, tax, audit, legal and financial advice
- Enough time to research investments and manage the fund
- The financial experience and skills to make sound investment decisions
- To organise life insurance, including income protection and total and permanent disability cover.
At Mortgage Excellence, our specialty is to source the most appropriate SMSF loan for your Self-Managed Superfund and your particular circumstances.
The first professional that you should speak with is your accountant.
If you don’t have an accountant who can assist you please contact Greg direct as he can introduce you to a trusted associate.
Finberg Building Services
Mortgage Excellence is the Best Choice for Home Loan Advice!
If you wish to discuss your individual situation please contact Greg direct for a discussion. Mortgage Excellence is here to serve you!